ListServ

Job Opportunity: Cancer Registry of Greater California - Research Scientist I or Research Associate IV

• 1.  Job Opportunity: Cancer Registry of Greater California - Research Scientist I or Research Associate IV

Posted 12-21-2023 12:26 PM

Public Health Institute's (PHI) Cancer Registry of Greater California (CRGC) program is currently hiring a Research Associate IV (RAIV)/Research Scientist I (RSI).  Details of essential job duties and qualifications for each position can be found in the links below:

• Research Associate IV: Read more HERE
    • Research Scientist I: Read more HERE

Responsibilities:

The RAIV/RSI works collaboratively with both research staff at CRGC and with external partners including CCR and other regional registry epidemiologists, to utilize and promote cancer registry data for surveillance and other cancer research. This includes planning and conducting data analysis, assisting with proposal writing, planning research design and its execution as well as co-authoring abstracts/original manuscripts and preparing presentations. The RAIV/RSI is also responsible for responding to public concerns about cancer incidence in communities or workplaces within the CRGC catchment areas, and to data access and disclosure requests. When necessary, the RAIV/RSI also serves as study coordinator or lead CRGC research projects. This position reports to the Research Scientist III.

The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.

CRGC is the largest registry in the National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results SEER program, covering 48 of the 58 California counties, with a population of nearly 20 million residents and over 100,000 incident cancer cases each year. In addition to cancer surveillance, the CRGC conducts surveillance research using cancer registry data to enhance understanding of cancer incidence, mortality, treatment utilization, and survival in CRGC catchment areas and within California. It's research staff often work collaboratively with internal and external epidemiologists/researchers including research staff from California Cancer Registry (CCR) and other regional registry researchers on surveillance and outcome research. CRGC is also responsible for broadening the use of registry data for cancer research through data access and disclosure and responding to community concerns around cancer occurrences within its catchment areas.

Thank you,

Anshu

Anshu Shrestha, PhD, MPH

Research Scientist III

Cancer Registry of Greater California/Public Health Institute

1750 Howe Avenue, Suite 550

Sacramento, CA  95825

Phone: (916) 779-0360