Journal of Registry Management
Special Issue in Partnership with NAACCR
REMINDER – CALL FOR PAPERS
The National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) and the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries (NAACCR) invites submissions for a joint issue of the Journal of Registry Management (JRM), the official journal of the NCRA. This issue of the Journal of Registry Management serves as the latest collaboration in a long history of partnership between and NCRA and NAACCR. This 3rd annual collaborative effort allows the cancer surveillance community the opportunity to hear more from central registries documenting their vital role in public health.
Submission Deadline: Monday, October 3, 2022
Publication Edition: Winter 2023
Send submissions to: Recinda Sherman, NAACCR Program Manager, Data Use and Research, firstname.lastname@example.org.
JRM publishes articles on registry methodology or research findings. This special collaborative issue is requesting manuscripts on the following topics:
- Epidemiologic Studies Using Cancer Surveillance Data
- New Directions for Cancer Surveillance
- Tools for Cancer Registries
- Childhood Cancers
- Challenges & Solutions in Data Management for Cancer Surveillance
- Advanced Data Collection for Cancer Surveillance
- Data Collection and Operations for Cancer Registries
- Cancer Control Using Cancer Registry Data
The following manuscript types will be considered for publication:
· Methodology articles addressing topics of broad interest and appeal to the readership, including methodological aspects of registry organization and operation
· Research articles reporting findings of original, reviewed, data-based research
· Primers providing basic and comprehensive tutorials on relevant subjects
· "How I Do It" articles describing tips, techniques, or procedures for an aspect of registry operations that the author does particularly well (provides registrars with an informal forum for sharing strategies with colleagues in all types of registries)
· Opinion papers/editorials including position papers, commentaries, essays, and interviews that analyze current or controversial issues and provide creative, reflective treatments of topics related to registry management
· Bibliographies that are specifically targeted to and of significant interest to medical registry professionals
· Letters to the Editor
Peer Review: All research-based articles are peer-reviewed prior to publication.
JRM has a long-standing history of publishing articles relevant to medical registries, across a wide-spectrum of subjects and in formats that range from peer-reviewed, research-based manuscripts to educational and how-to articles. JRM is published quarterly, and as of volume 47 (2020) it is published online exclusively. The journal is indexed in the National Library of Medicine's MEDLINE database. Citations from the articles indexed, the indexing terms (key words), and the English abstract printed in JRM are included and searchable using PubMed.
For more information about the JRM, including submission requirements, information for authors, and previous issues, see ncra-usa.org/About/Publications/Journal-of-Registry-Management.