Job Listing – Health Informatics Director – Vermont Department of Health
Title: Health Informatics Director - Limited Service
Application Deadline: 08/10/2022
Req ID: 37787
Location: Burlington, VT
Position Type: Limited Service
Schedule Type: Full Time
Hourly Rate: 33.60
The Vermont Department of Health is seeking a Health Informatics Director. This position will coordinate the development and implementation of informatics strategies and activities across the department. This will include direct oversight of multiple teams responsible for informatics activities. They will also work with the Division Director to coordinate informatics efforts with programs across the department and the Agency of Digital Services and act as a liaison with external partners on these activities. The Health Informatics Director will also work closely with the Division Director and other division and department leaders to develop and oversee Health Department data governance and other associated policies and procedures.
- Lead Informatics Section and oversee staff from multiple teams, including the Cancer Registry, Immunization Registry, and Infectious Disease Data Systems.
- Provide strong leadership and vision for the Informatics Section to foster a collaborative and engaged workforce.
- Work with Division Director and other leaders within Health Department and Agency of Digital Services to identify and prioritize Department objectives regarding public health informatics.
- Work with Division Director to implement Health Department data governance process internally and with external partners.
- Contribute to and make recommendations for policies and practices in areas such as data standards, data use, and interoperability.
- Provide direction to teams responsible for data analytics associated with programs within the Informatics Section.
- Establish and review data use agreements with external stakeholders. This will include working with legal team to ensure such agreements comply with state law, data governance standards, and meet needs of the recipient.
- Contribute to federal grant writing and management activities.
- Represent Vermont Department of Health with external partners regarding public health informatics, data management policies, and procedures.
- Partner with Vermont Agency of Digital Services on projects with overlapping areas of responsibility, including, for example, development of technical requirements, standards, and specifications for use and operation of health information system.
- Act as a subject matter expert to provide information or determine the most effective way to meet informatics needs of programs across the Health Department.
- Ensure availability of technical assistance and training to Informatics Section staff and other users.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of health information systems policies and procedures.
For more information or to apply visit the posting at: https://careers.vermont.gov/job/Burlington-Health-Informatics-Director-Limited-Service-VT-05401/911826700/
Jennifer Kachajian, MA, MPH
Cancer Registry Chief
Division of Health Statistics & Informatics | Vermont Department of Health
108 Cherry Street, Suite 303, P.O. Box 70 | Burlington, VT 05402