Greetings from Iowa!
The Iowa Cancer Registry (ICR) is a population-based cancer registry that is one of the founding members of the National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (NCI/SEER) program since its inception in 1973. In order to continue to operate and maintain a high-quality central registry, the ICR is looking for an individual to join our editing and QC team as a Health Records Specialist.
In case you don't know much about Iowa, here are a few fun facts:
- Iowa City (home of the ICR) is a UNESCO City of Literature and has many educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities
- Iowa City is considered one of the best places to live in the country according to Livability.com https://livability.com/best-places/top-100-best-places-to-live/2020/ia/iowa-city
- The Red Delicious apple, known as the "Hawkeye" was first grown in Iowa in 1856
- The internationally acclaimed Iowa State Fair attracts more than 1 million people each year
- Iowa has more golf courses per capita than any other state
- In less than a day you can travel by car to other popular destinations like Chicago, St Louis, and Minneapolis
Please find full details of the job and instructions to apply here: http://p.rfer.us/UIOWABQ26NB
Position Specific Summary: This position assists with the performance of epidemiological disease related research, including the study of cancer, by resolving complex data collection issues; providing consultative support to participating facilities and other research sites; supervising data editing activities; recommending revisions to abstracting, coding, and reconciliation of medical information from abstracts documents, reports, and on-line data sources; evaluating policy and procedure rules and guidelines; analyzing, compiling, coding, and managing electronic systems and follow-up data; formulating procedures for obtaining and processing data; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participating entities; training new staff in data collection and quality control activities; providing direction, assignments, and feedback to assure outcomes are achieved; serving as lead medical editor for the Editing Unit.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check and education verification.
If you have any questions about this job opportunity, you can contact Bobbi Matt or Michele Hogue.
Bobbi Jo Matt, MS, RHIT, CTR
Manager of Editing/Quality Control
State Health Registry of Iowa
2600 University Capitol Centre
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-5500