The NAACCR Volume V Revision Task Force is pleased to announce that the Pathology Laboratory Electronic Reporting, Version 5.0 is posted to the NAACCR website.
The revisions include:
· Capturing information from multiple types of reports, originating from the same specimen, in order to gather and group anatomical and additional reports, as pathology reporting continues to evolve.
· Requiring the SPM (specimen) segment to correctly track identifiers in modern laboratory analyses. This includes
o Expanding descriptions of pathology report formatting
o Adding clarification to specimen definitions and expanding specimen types and workflow between multiple facilities
o Introducing the 'Registry Use Case'
· Rewriting Chapter 3 to capture two narrative and three styles of synoptic messaging.
· Updating document figures and tables to reflect the revisions.
· Making minor edits throughout the document.
Lori A. Havener, CTR
Program Manager of Standards