Introducing NAACCR Summer FORUM 2021
After careful thought and consideration, the NAACCR Board of Directors has determined that NAACCR must postpone our in-person conference until 2022 and we will not be gathering in Palm Springs, California in June 2021 due to continued COVID-19 uncertainties.
Instead, join us in June for an instructive, informative, and exciting one-of-a-kind event. It will be a brand new opportunity to learn, share best practices, and collaborate!
We are pleased to introduce the NAACCR Summer FORUM June 15-17, 2021. Our fully remote experience will offer our customary high-quality educational content and member-sponsored research in a new format with plenty of opportunity to network with our colleagues and collaborators. We look forward to when the NAACCR community can all be together in-person, but until then, we are working harder than ever to bring you an awesome on-line scientific FORUM.
Information and announcements are located on the NAACCR FORUM page on our web site at www.naaccrforum.org
What's new and different?
· The 2021 NAACCR FORUM will take place: June 15 through June 17, 2021 (Tuesday – Thursday).
· We are reserving Friday, June 18 for the NAACCR Annual Business Meeting, Birds of a Feather, and other networking activities.
· Educational sessions will run 1.5 hours – 2.0 hours in length with breaks in between.
· We will have a special session dedicated to interactive poster presentations.
· Mini-FORUMS on additional topics/special interests will be presented throughout 2021 at no additional cost to registrants.
· Recordings of sessions will be available for registrants to access on demand through the end of 2021.
· Reduced registration fee compared to our Annual Conference.
What's the same?
· We're bringing the best parts of NAACCR to the FORUM stage
· Outstanding plenary sessions
· Call for abstracts
· Short talks on NAACCR member-submitted content (Breakouts)
· Scientific posters
· Networking opportunities
· CEUs for CTRs
· Awards, recognition, and certification
Why not Palm Springs?
· Member health and safety is paramount!
· Due to continuing COVID-19 concerns and inherent uncertainties, important decision points associated with planning an in-person conference could not be made in time.
· We anticipate that travel and budgetary restrictions will still affect many NAACCR members and conference attendees through 2021.
We look forward to seeing everyone together in Boise, Idaho, for our Annual Conference in June 2022. In the meantime, we will utilize innovative methods to deliver the high-quality content of NAACCR's in-person conference in this virtual setting. We hope you will join us for the 2021 NAACCR FORUM and take time to learn, renew, re-focus, and set our sights on an optimistic future for us all!
Monica ThorntonAdministration and Data Services CoordinatorNorth American Association of Central Cancer Registries2050 West Iles Ave., Suite A, Springfield, IL 62704Tel: 217-698-0800 Ext. 1 / Fax: 217-698-0188