From: Reda J. Wilson, MPH, CTR
Cancer Surveillance Branch
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
Centers for Disease Control
Subject: NPCR National Interstate Data Exchange Application System (N-IDEAS)
We are pleased to announce that an updated version of NPCR's N-IDEAS (V3.0) is now available. This software program is a secure data transfer mechanism with data editing, encryption, and file notification capabilities. N-IDEAS (V3.0) is available at no cost to all central cancer registries in North America. Contact the CDC NPCR support line, email@example.com, for more information or to request access.
If you currently have access to N-IDEAS, version 3.0 ("N-IDEAS Package 3.0") can be downloaded from the NPCR-CSS Document Server "N-IDEAS Download" folder. The download package includes an executable installation setup, ReadMe file, and the edits metafile.
Important: To save any pending downloads, before uninstalling N-IDEAS, please backup your Private Key using the "Export Private Key" functionality in the Edit menu. The Private Key can be imported to N-IDEAS (V3.0) using the "Import Private Key" functionality in the Edit menu.
The following improvements were made to N-IDEAS (V3.0) based on feedback from current users:
1. The checkbox in the inbox tab was not showing on some systems.
2. If the transmitted file is not a data file, the metafile selection dropdown selection is disabled.
3. Issue generating data transmission and receipt history, reported by registries, has been fixed.
4. For files containing data for a single state, the system will not create "Other _original file name" file.
5. Added support for highly secured protocol for secure transmission.
6. Upgraded .net framework to support highly secured protocol and latest windows operating systems.
7. Supports parsing XML NAACCR Version 180 file format from multiple states to single state files.
8. Added XMLExchangeplus.DLL to support converting xml data to flat format to run the edits.
9. Running edits is now mandatory before exchanging a data file.
10. The N-IDEAS metafile is a separate file included in the download package.
11. Added "passing edits percentage" field displayed in the inbox.
12. User allowed to send the 'Detail Error Edit Report' with the data file, if there are edit errors.
13. Added NAACCR data dictionary support through web services to avoid any frequent changes to data dictionary.
14. Updated the file expiration options to 'one week' and 'two weeks' instead of date, in user preference.
15. Added "No. of Records" field to the file detail screen to acknowledge with receiver and to the history tab.
16. Old version of N-IDEAS will continue working during the transition.
17. New version of N-IDEAS will be pointing to https://www.npcrcss.cdc.gov/nidea/Nidea.asmx instead of https://www.npcrcss.org/nidea/Nidea.asmx.
18. Only the path location name changed, actual location did not change.
Reda J. Wilson, MPH, CTR
Epidemiologist, National Program of Cancer Registries
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Cancer Surveillance Branch
4770 Buford Highway, MS S107-4
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
3719 North Peachtree Rd, Building 100
Chamblee, GA 30341
ATTN: Reda Wilson, MS S107-4
Office hours 7:00a.m.-5:30p.m. Monday-Thursday